Friday, August 13, 2010

Just a few things..

In case someone wanders over here, but they probably know all of this anyway.

1.  I went to the cardiologist for the first time in my life today.  It was an interesting experience.  Nothing showed up when they did the 12 second EKG, so I'm scheduled for an echo and a halter (24 hr EKG) next week.  Should be interesting.  I have also been advised to cut down on my caffeine intake.  *ChOkEgAgDIE*  I've been chugging decaf iced americanos all day.  I'm now drinking more decaf than regular coffee, just to be spiteful.

2.  After that appointment, I had another for a sonogram to find out what the hell is causing all of the random out of place bleeding I've been experiencing, since naturally, all of the obvious causes were not it.  Nothing in my life can ever be simple >_< Having someone press on you when you've got about 2 liters of water sitting in your bladder and it not being socially acceptable to pee it all over them is a torture I wish on no one.

3.  Finished summer session yesterday.  Have a couple of weeks off until the next semester starts again.  I really wish I could take more classes.  Kevin being all up in the air all the time annoys me to no end.  I don't tell him this because I know it's not really his fault, but I can't help but feel resentment that my life is constantly put on hold because his has yet to move forward appropriately.

4.  I turn 31 in less than an hour.  I've been giving a lot of thought about where my life has ended up to now (as I am wont to do around this time of year), and while some very great things have happened, it still feels like I'm not a real grownup yet, and my life is still waiting to happen.  I really wish I knew how to fix that.  I've tried to fill it with hobbies, with spirituality, with school and friendships, but I just don't feel settled yet.  I want to feel like we can become a part of a community rather than just sitting on the outside of one.  I want somewhere for my kids be settled, and not have to worry about yanking them out of schools because we're moving again.  I want a HOME.

1 comment:

  1. I hope the appointments went alright. <3

    As for the life thing... feeling like a kid still... I totally know the feeling... like you're in limbo... waiting.

    Feeling like you're pretending to be an adult... ;)

    Someday life will fall into place my friend, and it'll be a glorious day. <3

    ReplyDelete